Monday, September 13, 2010

A Way Through The Night

Sometimes a little sunshine is all I need to come my way
There’s a flood of darkness stirring above my skies on frequent days
But I know there’s always a rainbow waiting to release the fallen grace
Clouds that swirl dance in my mind
I believe the silver lining is just a footstep away from lighting my next move
The lightning flashes and the thunder rolls through
But they just make the beat louder for the disco ball and flashdance moves
My hands fill the air and my chin lifts towards the moon
The stars make me feel like I’m sparkling like pool surfaces in June
No need to close your window
Let the wind sweep you off your feet and exit the room
There’s a party in the street
The world is waiting for you to dance in the dark and follow your groove
I can count the blessings in my life
Remember the places I’ve been
And the sway of my hips will tell the story with every clap of reverberance
Shadows will exit from the ground that you stride
They can’t find their way the way I’m finding myself tonight

Fashions come and go
But my passion never dies
It’s the light that gives me hope
Gives me spirit through these nights
Smiles come and go
But love is all around
When hate has found its crevices
The earth knows how to wash it away
I have a hard time going to sleep at night
The stillness isn’t familiar
I’m a man of mental fluidity
Like Jane Austen conversing with elites

1 comment:

  1. WOW! felt the sun on my face and the dance in my body for sure! =]

    ReplyDelete


About Woe

My photo
Words are our outright melody and no one else is going to play the songs you feel but yourself. Let me be more esoteric....just kidding. You may ask when reading my poetry, why do I use metaphors so often? After thinking that through, I honestly don't know why. My guess would be that language, though freeing, can also be restrictive. Especially in terms of expressing ourselves in attempt to understand ourselves. I, personally, get stuck in gears sometimes and I like to expand and break through traditional understanding of the concept at hand. I like to read what I'm feeling in different forms, and see if the language can lossen up more.