Sunday, September 26, 2010

One, More

Warms my heart
To see the love in bloom
Steals my heart
Is what the grim reaper cannot do
True love
A world of possibilities
A question of was it meant to be
Will there be only one, who I fall in love with
Will it be the first one
The sooner we meet
The more memories we will build together.
Surrounded with a shroud of mystery
Is true love an ultimate testimony of only two people in one life?
Or does love come more than once?
Is it wrong or right to hide your soul to only one other?
To let my body take over and feed on another?
The tradition has set in
The words have been engrained
The pictures are burned in my mind.
And I look upon it all in love.
I look upon it and my eyes shine
My heart opens
At the possibility of being able to open up to one, more.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Woe

My photo
Words are our outright melody and no one else is going to play the songs you feel but yourself. Let me be more esoteric....just kidding. You may ask when reading my poetry, why do I use metaphors so often? After thinking that through, I honestly don't know why. My guess would be that language, though freeing, can also be restrictive. Especially in terms of expressing ourselves in attempt to understand ourselves. I, personally, get stuck in gears sometimes and I like to expand and break through traditional understanding of the concept at hand. I like to read what I'm feeling in different forms, and see if the language can lossen up more.