Thursday, April 15, 2010

Where Do All My Memories Go?

Where do all my memories go?
The ones I forget…?
Pebbles on the beach that could call no other place home
Stars in the sky that make it light just a little bit more
Fish in the sea that make it just a little more colorful
Books on the shelves that add just a little more knowledge
Trees in the forest that make it just a little more full
Flowers in the garden that make it just a little more dreamlike
Love in my life that’s made me a little more strong
Friends in my life I’ll never forget
The places we’ve been, will keep our memories

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Woe

My photo
Words are our outright melody and no one else is going to play the songs you feel but yourself. Let me be more esoteric....just kidding. You may ask when reading my poetry, why do I use metaphors so often? After thinking that through, I honestly don't know why. My guess would be that language, though freeing, can also be restrictive. Especially in terms of expressing ourselves in attempt to understand ourselves. I, personally, get stuck in gears sometimes and I like to expand and break through traditional understanding of the concept at hand. I like to read what I'm feeling in different forms, and see if the language can lossen up more.