Sunday, April 25, 2010

Parked in a Parking Lot on the Side of Blossom Hill After the Sports Mart and Before the Overpass

midnight passion

dark blues

glimpses of reds

moving fast

hands flying

whispers cooing

bodies pressing

hearts beating

chests thumping

'

laying on top of me

laying on top of you

traveling places in our eyes and minds

feeling the muscle in your thighs

tight grip, locked up for the night

making love, I’ve finally won this fight

forty five mintues of never letting go

parked in a parking lot on the side of Blossom Hill after the Sports Mart and before the overpass

we rolled back and forth

and made up for lost time

`

the moon was the light I used to see your face

the stars brought us closer, as we rocked this beautiful car right into outer space

`

I still feel your body pressed up against mine

I still see the colors of the world through our eyes

making their way to haunt me these lonesome nights

making their way to remind me of the whispers gone so quiet

and your face across from mine

of your body touching mine

of the knots our tongues tied

`

for forty five minutes we wrestled hoplessly with all our promise and might

the best parked car ride of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Woe

My photo
Words are our outright melody and no one else is going to play the songs you feel but yourself. Let me be more esoteric....just kidding. You may ask when reading my poetry, why do I use metaphors so often? After thinking that through, I honestly don't know why. My guess would be that language, though freeing, can also be restrictive. Especially in terms of expressing ourselves in attempt to understand ourselves. I, personally, get stuck in gears sometimes and I like to expand and break through traditional understanding of the concept at hand. I like to read what I'm feeling in different forms, and see if the language can lossen up more.