Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Sun

You brought a light to my darkness,

You glistened the harbors that were dim.

Went slowly through my mind.

Clearing grey skies and showing hope in this solitude

Sweat dripped mercilessly down my face.

I could not stop staring at you. I could not stop working, digging in the sand, thinking if I just dug deep enough maybe I’d see you on the other side when you had vanished.

But eventually you would. And the time we had left, crept away quicker than it had come.

The land became quieter. The floating birds drew back to their home nestled in the rocks.

But I pretended time didn’t work against what we had.

The world changed slowly when your bright illumination started to find home in places too far for me to reach.

I looked under rocks. Under the tides that rolled in. Peaked in shells. Even in the cliffs where I last saw you.

But the darkness was clear. I could sense this dusk was crisp enough to taste. The colors you once showed me. Are now moving across another face.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Woe

My photo
Words are our outright melody and no one else is going to play the songs you feel but yourself. Let me be more esoteric....just kidding. You may ask when reading my poetry, why do I use metaphors so often? After thinking that through, I honestly don't know why. My guess would be that language, though freeing, can also be restrictive. Especially in terms of expressing ourselves in attempt to understand ourselves. I, personally, get stuck in gears sometimes and I like to expand and break through traditional understanding of the concept at hand. I like to read what I'm feeling in different forms, and see if the language can lossen up more.