Saturday, January 23, 2010

New

Wash away the dirt

I pick up when I fell.
Cling to my unclean self and
fight the worries that rise.

Sing a song with your peaceful patter.

Roll in the direction leading to
larger paths.

Shine in sunlight that finds its
way to your invisible reflection.

Hang on my window and glisten
in the overflowing light of
street lamps, cars, and bustling
homes.

I can find comfort within your
sprinkling effect; you see into
darkest hours, yet do not judge.

Life's a one trip journey in your
travel from the shadows up above.

You make your way to my room
sharing this warm fire alone
in this life for two.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Woe

My photo
Words are our outright melody and no one else is going to play the songs you feel but yourself. Let me be more esoteric....just kidding. You may ask when reading my poetry, why do I use metaphors so often? After thinking that through, I honestly don't know why. My guess would be that language, though freeing, can also be restrictive. Especially in terms of expressing ourselves in attempt to understand ourselves. I, personally, get stuck in gears sometimes and I like to expand and break through traditional understanding of the concept at hand. I like to read what I'm feeling in different forms, and see if the language can lossen up more.