Thursday, March 18, 2010

Love Birds

It wasn’t enough to go for my heart, you had to go for my soul

It wasn’t enough to make me smile, you had to make me cry

But falling wasn’t the hardest. It was the inches between us when we flew into the sky,

and didn’t hear anyone else but ourselves

I’m searching for that one now

Whom with I’ll return to the clouds

It will be okay if you’ve been there before too

Just promise the distances between us wont be enough to keep us apart

With our bodies pressed up against each other we’ll just laugh at the winds

And learn why the birds sing songs

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Woe

My photo
Words are our outright melody and no one else is going to play the songs you feel but yourself. Let me be more esoteric....just kidding. You may ask when reading my poetry, why do I use metaphors so often? After thinking that through, I honestly don't know why. My guess would be that language, though freeing, can also be restrictive. Especially in terms of expressing ourselves in attempt to understand ourselves. I, personally, get stuck in gears sometimes and I like to expand and break through traditional understanding of the concept at hand. I like to read what I'm feeling in different forms, and see if the language can lossen up more.