Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sun On Water

Looking through the shimmering layer of the silky water's surface.

Rolling helplessly with the forces that brush up against its permeable body.

Just as I look out, the swaying pendulum of my thoughts rolls in and out of focus, and I cannot catch the floating winds that move me.

Passing by are the simple beauties caught in glimpses which shook me avant guard and set me gracefully into borrowed serenity.

Sifting into sunlight’s delightful bearance of surrounding warmth, pressing against my naked body. I stand motionless and admire this casting gaze in full open air.

This warmth I search for gallantly brushes against to my heart, to my soul, to my absorbing skin catching this comfort as I bring my body into full contact onto this baking poolside deck.

Calling for sounds of familiar melodies I heard not yesterday, but long ago past. When the flowers first basked in the summer afternoon days. When laughter was a four letter word that dropped out of the skies like spring showers. And footprints of wet feet unveiled trails of mysterious echoes from playing.

Will you be as easy to find as my summertime fantasies as a child? Or will your waters call for me to see through your choppy flirtations which shake my visions of your true depths and entice me to lower myself slowly into your world of disillusionment?

Will you be as fleeting?.. Or will you stay like the sun on the water that never lets go?

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Woe

My photo
Words are our outright melody and no one else is going to play the songs you feel but yourself. Let me be more esoteric....just kidding. You may ask when reading my poetry, why do I use metaphors so often? After thinking that through, I honestly don't know why. My guess would be that language, though freeing, can also be restrictive. Especially in terms of expressing ourselves in attempt to understand ourselves. I, personally, get stuck in gears sometimes and I like to expand and break through traditional understanding of the concept at hand. I like to read what I'm feeling in different forms, and see if the language can lossen up more.